Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lightning

Much to my grumbling resistance after being awaken by thunder and lightning I crawled out of bed at 5:45 am because I had yet been able to catch lightning on film and the opportunities were closing with the end of monsoon season.  Headed to the outskirts of town so I wasn't right under the storm and turned on the video (there was little chance that clicking was going to capture what I wanted since it hadn't worked to date).

An interesting sight was captured shown by these back to back frames.  There was a band of light that showed up horizontally.  Not sure if it is a photographic phenomenon or a result of the lightning.



 Double rainbow appeared.
 Sunrises during a thunderstorm are always interesting.





The breaks in the storm make for spectacular views too.



Through the raindrop speckled window.

No comments:

Post a Comment