Monday, April 25, 2011

Some Arizona Pictures April 25, 2011

In addition to finding animals in the clouds they can be found in the cactus...

                              isn't he just so cute!







You have heard of farmer's tan, here is biker's tan:



Before you all get on my case about sunscreen, I had been out in the sun for several days and not even so much as a little pink.  This day was particularly windy and this was the results.  Now I know.





Here are some pics of my trip to Coronado National Memorial and a cave there.  Some of the pics in the cave look like its underwater but it is the dust that is churned up from people walking around.  All the rock is covered with a film of dust.
I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto!  (come on, what else could I say here?)

Drive up to the top on a dirt switch back.


Just a good reminder to us all.

 Some of the cactus did not survie the 0 degree winter...


 There is a sign that says "Do not touch the rocks".  Hmmm...this may be a challenge to climb down and back up again without touching any rock.


It is impossible to do.  So many have had to touch the rocks climbing in and out that they have been polished and have a shiny sheen to them.

 A second way out.  Its amazing what water can do to rock, huh?

Well, that are my pictures and experiences to date.  Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment