Saturday, April 30, 2011

Geocaching and My Place

There is a lot of geocaches around Sunsites.  After many attempts over the years,  I finally found one!  And then another! The first one was quite a challenge.  The clue was to look under the oak tree.  Being from Oregon, looking at the trees and saying to myself "There aren't any oak trees here!" is this suppose to be a clue with some secret meaning?  With the song about tying a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree, I am looking around for a yellow ribbon!  Guess I should have gone on the informative nature trail first:






But alas, as always, I did things backwards.  None the less, there was no giving up as determination to find ONE geocache egged me on.  Determination paid of!

It is a two part geocache, the first had the coordinates for the second.  After about 45 minutes of trying to get to the second one and my GPS just giving me a straight line to get to it and running into a dead end canyon, determination having wained, the search was abandoned for the day.
 
 Another day, another geocache successfully located after 4 or 5 circles to zero in on it.  Along the way signs of the deserting getting ready to bloom could be seen. 


 Put in one of the oragami items received at the Korean Convention August 2009 along with my name.  Let me know if you find it in a cache you do.






Here are some pics of my new home and a cool one where relfections make it look like a hole in the tree.

 

And lastly, the moto that keeps me moving forward:




TTFN! LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment