Friday, July 8, 2011

Geocaching & Saguaro National Park

 Geocaching takes me to some places that I would otherwise not likely go and to finds I would not likely make:

The zachaedas are noisy and a bit on the homely side:
 This is the site of an old stage coach stop and these are the grave markers for some buffalo soldiers.  No names, just piles of rock left. 
 More geocaches and sights along the way:




 This day the Horseshoe II fire had reached a couple of homes and the smoke was quite intense.
 this was the "road" down to one of the geocaches.  I decided to walk rather than risk dropping my motorcycle again!  So off I went with my snake chaps and stick (the handle to a rake) making as much noise as possible to warn the snakes and any other critters that I was coming.  Highly alert for snakes when my GPS beeped to signal that the cache was near I jumped 10' in the air!  As if a snake would beep!

An old water trough for the free range beef - I mean cattle.







I saw this and thought that someone had put a sock on the cactus to protect it.  Being "blonde" makes life so much more interesting.








It constantly amazes me the shapes that the Saguaro cacti take on.  Remember the game statue?  Having to freeze in some odd position and the twister would have to guess what you are?















The fruit of the Saguaro from afar looks like a second flower, up close you see that it is actually just the fruit that has been broken open by the doves that are having quite the feast.



No comments:

Post a Comment